I have given a list of easy steps to install the Photoshop CS4 11.0.1 Update on your system without any issues. Follow the easy steps of installation below:
P.S: You can download the update 11.0.1 here.
- First of all, Disable all the anti-virus softwares in your system.
- Next, you will have to ensure that the folder on your hard drive which contains Photoshop is aptly named "Adobe Photoshop CS4".
- Now go ahead and double-click the "Adobe Photoshop Updater" application.
- Here's the challenge - If now, the updater throws a message saying that it cannot find the application to update. You have NO choice but to uninstall Photoshop CS4 and then reinstall Photoshop CS4 from scratch before trying to update again. (Note that the default folder is named as "Adobe Photoshop CS4"). On a Mac, to uninstall Photoshop, you'll have to navigate to the "Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers" folder and run "Add or Remove Adobe Photoshop CS4" to remove the original installation of Photoshop. Once the removal is complete, reinstall Photoshop, and then try your luck again with the updater.
- Your almost done now - Just follow all the instructions on the screen.
- Finally to confirm that the updater has run successfully, launch Photoshop CS4 and verify that the version number on the splash screen shows 11.0.1 and not 11.0!!!